Ads 468x60px

Updates

Friday, December 31, 2010

Oklahoma State's Unique Hand Off on the Jet Sweep

I have been looking for clips online of the Alamo Bowl so that I could show you what I mean by unique handoff in the game.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it yet.  They would bring a receiver in motion and then instead of handing the ball off, the QB would just overhand toss the ball to the receiver going in front of him.

Why would Oklahoma State do this?  Well I can think of one reason right now.  How many times in a game have we seen where there is a fumble on the read hand off that leads to a turnover.  Instead if the toss to the receiver is dropped it isn't a fumble but instead an incomplete pass that doesn't result in a turnover.

Does anyone have any clips of the play being run in the bowl game or not?  I really would like to post video here on the site to show.  It happens in the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates