Ads 468x60px

Updates

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One of the Worst Days

The 24th of April happened to be one of the worst days in the last few years. It started out going to a golf course at 7:30 AM to play a semi game of golf. We had to go to Tooele cause it is on the way to Wendover where we have the Utah High School Football Coaches clinic.

After golfing we go to eat some lunch stopping at a mexican restaurant. They provide free chips and salsa so as we are eating the salsa, I feel something hard that won't break, I pull it out and it is part of my tooth. That's right I had broken off a part of my tooth, uh oh. Luckily the tooth wasn't hurting but just was annoying in my mouth. The coaches ask me if I wanted to head home, since I didn't drive they would have to take me home. I called my sister who is in Dental Hygiene school and being an hour and half away if I had gone back to Provo wouldn't have been able to get anything done since all dentists would have been closed on Friday evening. So we proceed on to Wendover and have our coaches meeting in the hotel there.

After dinner a coach and I proceed to head home and he is driving the school car. about 3 exits from home on the freeway all of a sudden we hear a big ole pop. Pulling off to the side of the road, we see that the tire is coming apart at the seems and the tread is coming off. We pull out the spare, a donut spare (perfect on the freeway). It is 9:30 PM and starting to rain and the lugnuts are hard to get off I am literally having to move the car as I push the lugnuts loose. Oh btw the other coach is in his 70's so it is harder for him to help so it falls on me. To make this short we finally get the spare on after a passerby stopped with a flashlight which we didn't have on us.

However a police officer has stopped behind us just as we finished up on the tire, I start to drive the car to get it off at the exit and go slow since it is on a donut. I have to jump out from the shoulder get across an overpass and then back to the shoulder then off at the exit. Well as I turn after getting off at the exit I get pulled over by this police officer. He comes up to me asking why I was erratically driving, I explain then he says to me why are your tags expired. This is a drivers ed car so the school district had to update the registration. I explain it is a school car and he asks me why I am in a school car at 10:30 at night on a Friday night. I explain to him what was going on and hand him my license and the car registration. He comes back no ticket and lets me go. I finally deliver the car and head home. I finally got home at 11:30 PM and felt that I had been gone all weekend instead of just the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates