Ads 468x60px

Updates

Friday, October 16, 2009

Interesting question posed to me.

As we walked out for pre-game warm ups on Wednesday. I was approached by a man who was either a coach or an administrator from Lehi High School. He stopped me and asked, "Coach what is your position with the team?" I tell him I coach the offensive line for the Sophomore team. He then proceeds to ask me, "Can you tell me why you guys have been so dominant? Why is your program so good?"

I was taken aback at first; I would never have expected a question like that to be asked of me just a sophomore coach. I replied, "Continuity, there are some coaches that have been together for years." He then asked, "Besides X's and O's what else do you guys do?" I replied to him, "We teach good technique." He then thanked me for my time and walked back into the high school where Lehi's team had gathered. I understand why he asked me the question but I would never have expected it to come especially as we are just about to play. I just thought it was an interesting question that I wanted to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates