Ads 468x60px

Updates

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is It Wrong to Be Happy Kentucky Lost?

So is it bad of to be happy that Kentucky lost this weekend?  I don't have any real hatred of Kentucky from the past but I am just glad that they lost and I feel that there is justice in the world.  

So why am I happy that they lost?  It has all to do with their coach John Calipari.  Why the coach you might ask?  I feel that John Calipari has gotten away with too much as a college coach.  Here is a guy who led two programs to Final Four appearances only to have them vacated for violations.  Each time the NCAA found that there was no wrong-doing by Coach Calipari but you have to be kidding.  You are telling me that the head coach of a Division 1 program didn't know all that was happening with his program?  One time maybe but twice?  C'mon there is a pattern there of doing what it takes to win.  

I'm sorry but this is one of the reasons people believe college sports is a problem and that the NCAA is weak.  Coach Calipari in my opinion needs to receive some form of punishment.  Why can a coach leave a program in shambles and nothing happens to him?  However I doubt it will come until maybe Kentucky is found with violations??

Let's compare him to Bobby Knight, the maligned former Head Coach of Indiana and Texas Tech.  Sure Bobby was a jerk on the court.  I am not saying to anyone to follow his coaching style as I don't agree with it.  But let's take count of how many kids he graduated from college?  How many NCAA violations did he have as a coach?  But people seem to have more of a problem with him than they do with Calipari who is getting schools in trouble.

Well these are my thoughts, I know as a coach I really shouldn't blast anyone else but I think that coaches need to start cleaning up their ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates