Ads 468x60px

Updates

Saturday, May 31, 2008

No Back Offense/Empty Offense

So we are looking to add the no back offense set into our offense. Up until now we haven't run empty, so we are going to have some fun with it. I will go and give some suggestions to the OC to see what I can do to contribute. I really think QB trap will be a devastating play especially with the QB that we will have this year. I would also suggest doing jet sweep and then running counter off that action. Run that or TAQ and just pull the tackle around. Run running plays out of empty offense that we don't need to teach new blocking to out line will be great. K.I.S.S. method is my plan with this.

I do like running empty to run the ball because it forces a defense to decide how to defend us. If they put 6 in the box I will just throw the ball, if they put 5 in the box then I will run the ball with my QB. That is the beauty of the spread offense, pick your poison you have to stop both. That is why I wonder sometimes about youth coaches saying they want to run the spread. They have to be able to throw the ball but also run the ball. You don't have to throw all the time but you have to be a threat passing to make that defense spread out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates